License and Conditions
- The agreement applies from January, 1st, 2019 for 37 hybrid and 3 open access journals. You can find out which titles are eligible in the Open Access Journal Browser.
- The open access deal applies to corresponding authors from the Dutch universities, except for Leiden University, Tilburg University and Maastricht University.
- Publication types that are part of the agreement: original research articles, review, paper, perspective, communication.
How does it work?
Use the email address of your own institution!
- The author of an accepted article will receive an email with a link to the RSC license system.
- On this page you will find all information about the publication that was submitted when submitting. You cannot change this information at this time. That is possible later in the production process.
- If you click on "Start", you will automatically be identified as an author of an institution that has a Read and Publish that corresponds to RSC. This is done based on your institutional email address.
- You will then be taken to a page on which you can choose either "Standard publication" or "Gold open access publication". Choose "Gold open access publication" here. If you don't, you will be informed in a pop-up that the university has arranged an open access publishing option for you at no extra cost. On the page you will see costs; you don't have to take these into account. These costs are waived.
- In the next step you can choose from two Creative Commons Licenses (CC-BY or CC-BY-NC). Choose CC-BY.
- Do not forget to agree to the terms of the chosen license.
- You will then receive a confirmation that your institution has already paid for the Article Processing Charges (APC).
- You will then see an overview page on your screen with all the information you have provided.
- You click on "Confirm and Finish" to complete the process
- See the workflow documentation for explanation.